From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: Re: William & Loretta Dorsey
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:05:17 -0600

just a bunch of ideas.... for those in the DITCH....
have you pursued to the absolute end, any museums re the Dorsey Brothers....
or with the recording firm that may now have their material.... It seems that they might have some links to the family regarding re-recording rights, etc.....(you need to be in contact with their LEGAL departments).....
also....
The Dorseys are now dead, right, so have you checked probate records on THEM to see if the Loretta is listed in those documents .... and with a more current address...
and you have contacted the cemetery office where the Dorsey brothers are buried.... for the name/address of the owner of record on the lots....which you will ask for in a pleading voice....a last resort voice......
and, you have actually written to the address you have listed below... the zip would be 60649....which is far south and east in the city.... I would double check on the spelling of the name of the street tho.......again begging and pleading for any tidbit of info that they might be able to offer....
information like when they might have sold the house, or where they might have moved to....or when one of them might have died.... or is there anyone else nearby that might have known them.....
The people that live there now might just know the couple you are asking about....or someone else on the street that knew them....
After nearly 50 years, I did something like this and was pleasantly surprised that the current owners DID know of my family and had our family Bible.... so do NOT discount this option......
Plus if there was a known link between that family and THE Dorsey brothers, you might have more of a chance for info....via the gossip link in the neighborhood.
And I suppose that you have checked for the demise of these two people.....via ssdi or ?
And you have looked in probate records....for either of these people....not just of the Dorsey Brothers....
and you have you checked the public library nearest to this location. Sometimes they have special info about the residents in their neighborhoods........ and perhaps the DOrsey Bros visited or made it to the newspapers that someone might have clipped..... for the local area files....
and you have checked for high school yearbooks and alumni listings for the areas where the couple of interest schooled......
good luck now.....