Subject: Re: Looking for advice r.e trip to Chicago
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:32:02 EST

In a message dated 2/25/02 10:22:18 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

<< Is the parish open to genealogists? Are they helpful? How about the
staff at the cemetery? >>

The church records are available through your local FHC. If you want to see
the church, your best bet is Mass. The day I was at the cemetery, the man in
the office was very helpful. The cemetery is HUGE. Be sure to get a map at
the office as well as a photocopy of the burial cards. Those are also
available through your local FHC. (I have to make another trip back to
Calvery, as I found out later about additional relatives who are buried
there! They just keep popping up!)

Debbie

This thread: