Subject: Ryan/Carroll/Bennett/O'Connell
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 00:13:02 EST

Hello,
I am new to the list. I am beginning to research a group of relatives
that came to Chicago 1880-1900. They are:

Emma and Margaret Ryan- born in NY, grew up in Iowa, moved to Chicago and
lived on Calumet Ave and were sisters. They had a business as a millner and
a dressmaker.

John and Mary Carroll : Mary was Emma and Margaret's sister. They
homesteaded in Dakota before coming to Chicago. Also lived on Calumet Ave.

Ellen Ryan Bennett and Children : Joseph, James, and Emma Ryan . They lived
in Minnesota for a time, then Iowa. Ellen's first husband Jeremiah died,
she remarried John Bennett. They went to Dakota, and after John died there,
they moved back to Chicago ~ 1900. They lived on South Park Blvd

Patrick and Bridget Ryan O'Connell were farmers and lived 2300 So. Calumet
(which I understand was ~ McCormick place- imagine a farm field there! )
Their children: John, Patrick, Mary, Thomas, Michael, and Edward

Shelly

This thread: