From: "LindaValentine at valentine53179 Valentine" <>
Subject: Unidentified subject!
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:24:13 -0600

St. Mels is to the WEST of GARFIELD PARK.....but east of MAYPOLE. I cannot tell you the street address at this moment...It was on the south side of the street and the school to the west of the building...
Further,
street numbers in chicago changed in 1909.
So you will need to get Reference desk has a conversion chart and so does the NewBerry Library Genealogy desk.
The Chicago Archdiocese created a two volume book, published by NEW WORLD (which is still in business)....and it is a good buy if you have a lot of Chicago work to do. The books are about all the Catholic institutions - churches, schools, hospitals....etc.
Contact the New World to buy it....Published in 1980.... Still worthwhile... Or get it on interlibrary loan. Get BOTH VOLUMES!
Or call the archives and get a copy of the pages regarding St. Mels AND the churches that are referenced in the article about St. Mels......

My family in St. Mels was Priester, Denton, Roemer, SIpchen DesJarlais.