Subject: Re: John Sheehan
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:33:49 EST

writes:

<< I am looking for information on John Sheehan. I know he lived in the
Chicago
area at least before 1886, as one of his children was born there. This is
what I have on him:>>

Hello old neighbor!

Tammy, have you checked the city directories? You can find where they lived
in Chicago and possibly when they moved away, if they did leave Chicago.
Obits --- not everyone had an obit or even a death notice but have you
checked the Trib? Milner has them on microfilm. I know there are other
Chicago papers that existed at that time too.

Are you certain he was naturalized? 1900 census should tell you if he was or
not, if he was prior to that census.

Have you tried looking for a death cert? IL State Archives has an index for
Chicago deaths.

Feel free to call me.

Debbie

May the love of freedom always ring;
it has brought us this far,
it proclaims who we are,
and together we sing,
"Let freedom ring."

Music by Barry Manilow, Lyric by Bruce Sussman and Jack Feldman

This thread: