From: Connie Dankesreiter <>
Subject: conway and fitzgibbon surnames
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:39:53 -0600

I'm new to this list. Both the Conway and Fitzgibbon family's have
their roots in the
townlands or Gortifica and Straghaloon, (parish of Crusheen
(Inchicronan) in County Clare. My grandfather, Cornelius Conway
immigrated to US in 1885. He was a railroad section laborer in
Colorado most of his life. My father Thomas Joseph Conway was also a
railroad
man (retired from the Texas and Pacific (MP). I know nothing of the
Conway family in US except my father. He used to go to Chicago on
business in the 50's. He used to call a cousin there. I have no idea
what the name was but I think it might have been Earl Conway. Does's
any of this information ring a bell..
Connie Dankesreiter

This thread: