From: Gerald Pierce <>
Subject: Re: IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D Digest V01 #43
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 13:28:18 -0500

Mention was made in several postings of the Edwards Directory - the Chicago
City Directory. I'd be interested to know if anyone has access to one dated
in the 1880s. I'd like to find Timothy Steven PIERCE, probably with an
address in the 3600 block of South Emerald.

I'd also appreciate it if someone could tell me likely places in Chicago to
find such directories. I would imagine the Chicago Historical
Society and maybe the Newberry Library, but if others have been finding,
and using it, there may be better places. The next time I go to visit my
family in Chicago, I can do some research.

Jerry Pierce
Marietta, GA

This thread: