From: Bonnie <>
Subject: Re: CIVIL WAR Question
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:28:38 -0500

Good info about getting the military pension files from NARA.

I'll go one step further and say...YES. I have a whole clan that served in

the NY infantry during the Civil War, and applied for their pensions while
living
in Michigan.

I also have proof of this occurrence in Revolutionary War (served in NJ,
filed in Ohio) and the Mexican War (served in Ohio, filed in Michigan).

One other little tidbit about getting military/pension files from NARA. It
seems
that Revolutionary War files come very quickly, but Civil War files take
upwards
of SIX MONTHS to return. Don't know why, but I've had too many experiences

with it lately to think it's coincidence.

Bonnie

This thread: