Archiver > IRISH-IN-CHICAGO > 2001-11 > 1006648890

From: "Betty Patton" <>
Subject: CIVIL WAR Question
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:41:30 -0500


Does anyone know if a CIVIL WAR soldier who fought in a unit from, say, Ohio, then, after the war relocate to another state, say, Illinois and apply for a pension in Illinois? Or, must he make pension application from the state from which he did his service?

The answer to this could be very helpful in my search, and I would imagine others folks searches as well.

Thank you.

Rich Patton

This thread: