From: Kelly Ward <>
Subject: Re: IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D Digest V01 #33
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:33:42 -0500

> #3 St.Philips RC Church [Alan Barnard <]
>

> Subject: St.Philips RC Church
> Would anyone happen to know if St.Philips RC church still exists? I am
> interested in a marriage which took place there in 1890 and wondered how I
> could access details of the marriage. I know about the marriage via a
> marriage licence I obtained from IRAD, but the licence simply gives the
> date and the names of the couple.

I believe that St. Philips RC Church was formerly called St. Mel's. I have read
many records from the Mormon library tapes, finding baptism, confirmations,
marriages. The records are small enough that you can find much more information on
affilliated families through godparents, witnesses at weddings, etc.

St. Phillip Neri, 22132 E. 72nd street, Chicago 60649

Kelly Ward in Michigan looking for Burke, Dushane, Nolan, Hodgins.

This thread: