From: "Betty Patton" <>
Subject: Police Personnel Requests
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:12:05 -0500

For those Listers interested in obtaining Chicago Police records of ancestors, here's the answer I received from: Edward J. Griffin, Records Service Section, Department of Police, City of Chicago, 3510 S. Michigan Av., Chicago 60653.

Department Personnel records only include members who are separated in the year 1911 to the present.

Mr. Griffin then suggested I write to the following for possible help.

Policemen's Annuity and Benefit Fund
221 N. La Salle St.
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 744-3891

Chicago Historical Society
N. Clark St. & W. North Av.
Chicago, 60614
(312) 642-4600

BTW, I did write to the Annuity and Benefit Fund twice in 9 months, each time including a SASE, and have heard nothing.

Rich

This thread: