From: "Betty Patton" <>
Subject: Tracking property deeds in Chicago
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:21:43 -0500

Hello Listers,

Has anyone had any experience trying to track the change of property deeds in Chicago?

My g-g-grandfather died in 1904. I'd like to get whatever document at that time -- a deed or otherwise -- was prepared for legal transfer of the property to my g-g-grandmother. She, then, passed in 1909. I believe at that time the property was put in the name of her grand daughter and her husband.

The Records Sources form received from IRAD shows for Cook County the County Recorder's Office. Does anyone know if this would be one if not the best place to start getting the answers?

Thanks for your input.

Rich

This thread: