From: keith & barbara hammer <>
Subject: Swinford,Co.Mayo
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 16:46:35 -0700

Hello Kathleen,
It was fun to read your message today. I have at least one connection
to people you mentioned, but think there are others also.
You mentioned Winnie Doyle (sister of Tom) married a Higgins. That was
Tom Higgins, son of Philip and Anna Groarke Higgins. I think Tom lived
in Lisbrogan, but moved to Carracanada after he married Winnie. Some of
their sons came to Chicago (Luke for sure and I think one other) and
also a daughter (Nellie). I have not been able to track them in Chicago
yet, just know they came.
I also have an Anne Higgins who married James Galvin about 1942; think
they were married in London; James was from somewhere in Sligo.
I need to look a little more - there is also a Conway/Jordan
connection; maybe not on the direct line. Also an Anne Groark who
married Frank Brennan.
Would be glad to share what I have if it would help anyone, and would
appreciate any further information on these families. Barbara

This thread: