From: "Betty Patton" <>
Subject: ILLINOIS MARRIAGE RECORD INDEX
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:09:26 -0500

Listers,

Some add-on information about the subject Index which may be of help to someone. The few pages I received from IRAD at Northeastern Illinois U., Chi.:

1. Are entitled Illinois Marriage Record Index -- Illinois State Genealogical Society.

2. Unlike the online Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763 - 1900, this Index has listings up to 1915. And, this is in just the 8 pages I had requested. Have no idea how many years beyond 1915 the listings might go.

3. Aside from the title listed in #1 (above) there is nothing else to say for what period this covers Marriages/Licenses. The run date of what I have shows 7/16/1998.

4. In the IRAD County Listing there's a reference to a Marriage Record Index, 1871-1904. In what I have, I've seen listings in the 1820's.

Hope this helps someone in making a request to IRAD.

Rich

This thread: