From: "Jill M" <>
Subject: Re: Chicago Area Cemeteries on the Internet??
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:41:09

Not to my knowledge but someone may have more information. There are a few
websites like internment.com that people go to and enter their own ancestors
internment information for others to browse.

Most Chicago Cemetaries I have contacted directly either by letter or by
phone. Some are extremely helpful to a fault and others require an often,
exorbitant, fee for even minimal information. I think the easiest to work
with has been Calvary. They are probably the main source for earlier burials
since they were one of (if not the) first cemetary in Chicago.

Some cemetaries keep additional information besides just general burial
facts (birth date, date of internment and name). Be sure to ask if they have
a last known address, date of death, cause of death, age at death, religious
affiliation or church attended, the funeral home or director that handled
the burial, and whether a headstone was purchased. You might find something
that leads you to more information.

Good luck!

Jill