From: "Cathy Joynt Labath" <>
Subject: DUNGAN reference in Chicago.
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:32:18 -0600

FYI- I am not related and don't have much further info. This was a notice in
a newspaper I happen to transcribe items from periodically. I am really
studying the Irish families of Palo Alto Co, IA. So if you have a Chicago
DUNGAN who is missing relatives, they may have come on over to Palo Alto Co,
IA where a great percentage of the people were (and still are) Irish!

Regards,

Cathy Joynt Labath
Palo Alto Co, IA USGenWeb Project
http://www.celticcousins.net/paloalto/
The Irish in Iowa
http://www.celticcousins.net/irishiniowa/

Emmetsburg Democrat
Emmetsburg, Palo Alto, Iowa
Wednesday, July 18, 1917

Mrs. Thomas HIGGINS an sister, Miss Katherine DUNGAN, returned from CHICAGO
the middle of the week. They were called to that place by the death of their
brother. Misses Nellie and Julia DUNGAN, who accompanied the body to Joplin,
Missouri for burial, returned to Emmetsburg Monday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably his father, mother, and sisters:
St. John's Cemetery, Emmetsburg, Palo Alto Co, IA

Dungan James 1828
1911 7-85 Father
Dungan Mary 1839
1914 7-86 Mother
Dungan Julia 21 Feb 1864
27 Sep 1941 7-87
Dungan Catherine 1873
1934 7-88
Dungan Nellie 1877
1957 7-89

Probably his father:

Emmetsburg Democrat
Emmetsburg, Palo Alto, Iowa
Wednesday, 3 May 1911

James DUNGAN, who has been very ill for some time, is not gaining in
strength. His son and daughter who came from a distance to see him are still
here.

This thread: