Subject: KENNEDY-Westport,Ire>Chicago
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:16:22 EST

This is my first posting to this mailing list.

I’m seeking information on the descendents of:
KENNEDY, James b. about 1862 Ireland &
KENNEDY, Michael b. about 1856 Ireland

I believe they were brothers of my great grandmother Rose Kennedy Campbell
from Westport and then Scranton, PA.

Michael Probably came to Chicago first. He married Jane O’Donnell Jane
O’Donnell on December 4, 1881 in Holy Name Cathedral (have copy of marriage
license).

Michael died June 4, 1899 – residence at that time 236 ElmSt. buried in
Cathedral Cemetery..

I found Jane, his wife, and the following children listed in the 1920 census
of Chicago:

James age 28
Jane D age 33
Rose A age 31
Nell age 22
Margaret age 20

Jane died on December 5, 1932 living at 1921 Barry St.

KENNEDY, James b. about 1862 Ireland. I believe this brother came over about
1882according to what I believe might be his census data (1920). Though hard
to read, I believe his wife’s Name was Ann.

John J. son aged 29
Maude R. Daughter-in-law 29
Helen M. Daughter age 25.

I hope someone can help me.