From: j jasunas <>
Subject: Re: CTA Records
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:28:27 -0500

Maureen Shelly wrote:

> Has anyone tried to get employment records from the CTA (or whatever it was
> called in the 1800s)?
>
> Does anyone know anything about the transportation Unions and their records?
> My husband's great-grandfather, Thomas F. GREENE, was a motorman or a
> conductor and was an officer of his union circa 1890-1930.
>
> Maureen Shelly

Well, all I know is that the CTA was previously called CSL (Chicago Surface
Lines).
Besides running the street cars (trolleys with overhead wires) the city had the
underground delivery tunnels which were called Chicago Freight Tunnels. I had a
grandfather who was a motorman on both systems. I do not know of their records
or union. If you find out anymore, please let me know.

Looking for:
IRL
FLANAGAN, KEANE, ROCHFORD, BUTLER, LYNCH, O'CONNELL, CONROY, McAULIFFE, LLOYD,
GUILFOYLE
OTHERS
JASUNAS, MILINIS, STATKUS, ROUKAS, RUF, KOLLE, CARUSO, GENTILE, CUPO, GREZI,
GIORDANO, LOMBARDO

--
Jack J.

J. J. Printers