From: Sarah Barker <>
Subject: McGraw
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:11:08 -0400

Hi folks,

I'm a new subscriber looking for some advice on what to do next. The
Feb. 24, 1905 funeral notice for my great grandfather, Thomas McGraw,
said he was being buried out of St. Malachy's Church, 2248 W. Washington
Blvd, and buried in Oak Ridge cemetery.

Since the Archdiosesan website says they have parish records only for
closed parishes, and St. Malachy's is still open, I wrote to St.
Malachy's to ask if the old parish records might give me any clue as to
date and place of his birth. I received back a postcard that said they
never heard of him. No explanation was given.

What do I do now? Is it worth writing to the Archdiocese archives
office to ask if they have these old records even if the church is still
open?

Sarah

This thread: