From: "M Mullarkey" <>
Subject: RE: Chicago Police records
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:04:29 -0500

Hi All,

I've had some luck with the Chicago Police Dept. Personnel office. I had
requested records for two ancestors. My GGG-Grandfather's records could
not be found. (He was an officer circa 1885). But they did locate some
info for my G-Grandfather. (He was an officer from 1907-1926).

Here's the info I received:
Name
Date & Place of birth
Residence
Rank
Precinct number
Former Occupation
Date of appointment on force
Date of death
Creditable Mention date but no info

*Note: the page I received seems to be a copy of a card file. Also
listed on the card are the following categories (which were blank on my
copy):
promotions
reprimands
suspensions
fines
discharges
resignation
retirement

I received my info from:

City of Chicago Dept. of Police
1121 South State St.
Personnel Dept/Records Service Section
Attn:Edward J. Griffin

*Note: Response time was about 9 months.

Mr. Griffin also suggested that I write to:

1)
The Policemen's Annuity & Benefit Fund
221 N. LaSalle St.
Chgo., IL 60601

2)
Chicago Historical Society
N. Clark St. & W. North Ave.
Chgo., IL 60614

Note:I haven't written to these places yet.

Good luck,

Mary (Mullarkey) Wentzell
Chgo-Irish surnames:Considine,Davoren,Dore,Mullane,Mullarkey

This thread: