From: "Judith Mason" <>
Subject: Chicago Police Records
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:48:45 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently made appoximately 15 telephone calls trying to obtain police
employment records without much luck. It appears that records at police
headquarters only go back to about the mid 1960's.

It might be of some interest to know that there is a Police Museum here in
Chicago. It's located on Balboa St. in the downtown area....sorry I don't
have an address or phone number. I haven't been there so don't know what's
in their collection.

Other sources for information might be as follows
:
1) Police Benevolent Society
Attn: Secy. Police Pension Fund
121 N. LaSalle St.
Chicago IL 60610

2) City of Chicago Personnel Dept.
121 N. LaSalle St.
Chicago IL 60610

3) Jackie Keeney

Jackie was compiling Chicago
police information when I last
corresponded with her a couple of
years ago.

4) John J. Flinn's 1887 History of
Chicago Police.

5) IRAD - Northeastern IL University
Ronald Williams Library
5500 N. St. Louis Ave.
Chicago IL 60625

I've received both police and
fireman information from the
Chicago City Council records
housed at this Illinois Regional
Archives Depository.

Hope this will be of some help to everyone with Chicago roots!

Judie Mason