From: sargejpb <>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re:New Member
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

Don't ASSUME anything when dealing with the
Irish. My Grandfather, JAMES BURKE, who was
residing in Gortamarle, Parke, County Roscommon,
married his second wife, BRIDGET MEEHAN in 1881
who was from Leaw, County Mayo. They were married
in a Roman Catholic Chapel of Ballyhaunis. In the
Registrars District of Ballyhaunis. In the Union
of Claremorris. What I am saying is your ancester
may have come from another Irish County that is
close to County Mayo. The Irish also have a
tendency to add or delete years from their date
of birth and have been know to walk great
distances to court an Irish women. I was born in
Chicago in 1934 and called it HOME until my
mother passed on in 1962. Since them my HOME was
wher my hat was until I retired in 1997 for the
second time. Jerry Ballauer, Columbia, SC
Researching BURKE (Co Roscommon), MEEHAN (Co
Mayo), MULDOWNEY (Co Mayo) & BALLAUER (Hungary)
.