Subject: Eugene RIORDAN Chicago Lawyer
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:07:50 EDT

Hi ,
I am looking for info on RIORDANS in Chicago. My great-uncle, Eugene F.
RIORDAN (born 24 June 1864 in Boherbue, Cork, Ireland), was a Chicago
Lawyer. As far as I know, he did not marry. Eugene is said to have willed
some of his estate to "Notre Dame," but Notre Dame University has no record
of him. His niece, Julia RIORDAN (born 1 Jan. 1893 in Islandbrack, Boherbue,
Cork, Ireland- died Morris, Minnesota 11 August, 1968) came to Chicago to
work as Eugene's legal secretary. She was a court reporter and member of a
group called the Mary PLUNKET club of Chicago. She was survived by nephews,
John FITZGERALD of Chicago and David FITZGERALD of Ireland, and by a niece,
Joan FITZGERALD of Oak Park, Ill. Julia married Lawrence CAREY in 1936.
Anybody know how you became a lawyer in Illinois in the late 1800s, or what
the Mary PLUNKET club was? I'd love to hear about any RIORDANS or
O'RIORDANS in Chicago.

Thanks so much!
Linda Schultz
Huntington Beach, CA