From: merril bourne <>
Subject: Info on SOLON & PRENDERGAST, connections
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:45:11 +1300

Hi listers,

Great to see another List online. I am desperate to find more family. I have
been researching the Solon/Solan family for 19yrs, as my husband, Len's
great grand father, was John SOLON, one of 14 children born in ( ?
Kiltimagh, ) Co Mayo, Ireland, to Martin Solon & Mary ( nee McGlyn or
McEllin). ( I do have an old family tree with possibly 2 more generations
back from Martin, but it is very hard to decipher, due to the way in which
it is written.)

Those 14 children were, Bridget, Ellen, Patrick, Anthony, Catherine, Mary,
John, Honora, Anna, Martin, Winnie, Thomas, James & Julia.

Most of them went to the USA, with one to England ( Catherine ), & possibly
only one, ( Winnie ) remaining in Ireland & John who enlisted in the
British 65th Regiment of Foot, 8 June 1839, Regimental Number 1417, went to
Australia as a guard on a convict ship, then came on to NZ to fight in the
land wars in 1847. He remained in NZ, was later to marry the widow of
another soldier & they had a family of 5.

Bridget SOLON b. c 1800 Co Mayo Ireland, m. James PRENDERGAST : Lived
Chicago, Illinois & Madison, Wisconsin .
Children = Peter, Michael, Patrick, James, Martin, Ellen & Mary

Anthony SOLON b. c 1820 Co Mayo Ireland ( brother of Bridget above )
married Bridget McAULIFF,
Lived Streator, Illinois
Children = James m Johanna MAHIR & Mary who married John PRENDERGAST.

James & Joanna
Children = Leonard, Bartholemew ( m. Josephine PRENDERGAST, ) Mary ( married
William PRENDERGAST )
Anna, Eveline, Ada, Johanna, Kath, & John.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who may be connected to these
families, but even you if you are not sure, I also have a lot of information
on the SOLON/SOLAN families.

Regards
Merril Bourne
Auckland