From: "r couvillon" <>
Subject: MARY REGAN m. JAMES MULCAHY/MULCHAY
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:25:52 -0500

Hi List,

My family of interest is :

WILLIAM REGAN married MARY HARRINGTON Co. Mayo ( do not know year of place of marriage)
Their children:
BRIDGET REGAN- "Beattie" born Kilmovee, Co. Mayo July 26 1910
MICHAEL REGAN ( my Grandad) born Kilmovee, Co. Mayo Aug 21 1912
MARY REGAN ( his twin) born Kilmovee , Co. Mayo, Aug 21 1912
KATHLEEN REGAN ( lived with nuns at convent in Kilmovee after death of parents. do not know d.o.b.)
MARTIN REGAN ( no birth details but think he died as a child)

In the church records at Kilmovee underneath Mary's christening record, it says she was married in St. Theresa's Church , Chicago, December 29th 1965 to JAMES MULCAHY/MULCHAY. This is the ONLY information I have, my Grandad left Ireland for Rossendale, Lancashire , England when he was 17 and never returned and did not keep in contact with his family there. We did have 'cousins' in Rossendale called FLATLEY who also came to Lancashire from Kilmovee. I have tried to find a St. Theresa's in Chicago, but so far have failed. I realise that there may be more than one or it may no longer exist. Could any one advise me of the best route to take? I doubt if Mary and James had children as she was 53 at the time of her marriage, I do not know if James had been previously married or if he had any children of his own before his marriage to Mary. Mary may not have known her date of birth, my Grandad didn't until he wrote to Ireland to find out as he thought he might be getting near retir!
ement age, so she may have used a different day of birth. I would be grateful for any information anyone might have.

Julie Regan Couvillon

This thread: