From: K and D Nolan <>
Subject: Re: KELLEHER, McFARLAND, CHRISTY, McGLYNN, SMITH
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:39:17 -0500

Hi Kathryn and others too:

How weird that you would ask a question, in particular, about the
Kelleher family. Just so happens in today's Chicago Tribune is an obit
notice for Rita T. Cullinane Keleher. Now my husband knows that
Archbishop Jim Keleher of Kansas City, MO is a cousin to him, but never
knew how the Kelehers fit into the Nolan/Waldron line.

So if John Sheehan or Patti Hoffman is on this list here ~ help!

Now to the obit:

***************************************

Rita T. Keleher, nee Cullinane, born in Ahane Brosna, County Kerry,
Ireland. She moved to Chicago in the 1920's and earned her R.N. in
Nursing at St. Bernard's Hospital. Beloved wife of the late James P.;
loving mother of Rita Marie (Hugh) Zick and the Most Reverend James
Patric Keleher, Arch Bishop of Kancas City, KS; dearest grandmother of
Steven, Dianne (Robert) Bischoff and Dr. Robert (fiancee Kimberly); and
great-grandmother of Alexandra and Emma. Visitation at St. Benedict
Home, 6930 W. Touhy Ave., Niles, Monday, 10 a.m. until the time of
Funeral Mass, 11 a.m. Interment St. Mary Cemetery, Evergreen Park. A
longtime pillar of St. Felicitas and St. Juliana Parishes. She had a
very special devotion to St. Theresa Lisieux "The Little Flower". In
lieu of flowers, memorials to The Friends of St. Benedict's Home
appreciated. Funeral arrangements by the Skaja Terrace Funeral Home,
847-966-7302.

(Chicago Tribune; Sunday, 14 Oct 2001; Sect. 4 Metro, Pg. 10, Col. 3)

Darraugh in IL

Kathryn Jennings wrote:

> Listers:
>
> KELLEHER is my family name and I have good records back
> to Michael KELLEHER who came here right after the Chicago
> Fire looking for work in reconstruction of the city. He
> was a plumbing and sewerage contractor in business with
> his sons at 3417 Dashiel/Union Street.
>
> The names McFARLAND, CHRISTY, SMITH and McGLYNN are
> related to KELLEHER in some unknown way.
>
> Is there anyone who is researching Frank McFARLAND and
> wife Annie GAFFNEY, John L. CHRISTY who lived at
> 1382 34th Street, or the family of Patrick McGLYNN
> who lived at 1483 34th Ct. They resided at these
> addresses during the period of 1885-1890, and probably
> longer.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

> Join the RootsWeb WorldConnect Project:
> Linking the world, one GEDCOM at a time.
> http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com

This thread: