From: K and D Nolan <>
Subject: Re: FAHEY from Co. Mayo
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:02:57 -0500

Speaking of Fahey ~ no, I don't have any of those in our Nolan or
Waldrons, BUT ... I had an orthopaedic surgeon who was Dr. Fahey ~ that
was back in 1968. He was out of St. Francis Hospital in Evanston and I
"think" that there were a bunch of Faheys in Park Ridge.

Anybody have a Fahey who was an orthopaedic surgeon? I would love to
add in my journal about him. I was only 5 at the time of my surgery.
All I remember is he didn't have really good bed-side manners ~ pretty
gruff. Did some work for Cripped Children organization. But he was
suppose to be the best in the country, which is why my family moved from
California to the northern suburbs of Chicago.

Darraugh in IL

wrote:

> I'm new to the list and am looking for descendants of John and Honora (Nora)
> Hopkins Fahey. They lived in Chicago in the 1900 census at 92 Ontario Street
> in Ward 23. Their children were Mary b. March 1873, Michael b. December 1887
> and John b. February 1900 and all born in Illinois. Nora's name was spelled
> as Lora in the census.
>
> Nora was my father's paternal aunt. She was born in Crimlin (townland also
> spelled Crumlin) Castlebar, Co. Mayo Ireland in 1864. Her parents were
> Farrell and Mary Kelly Hopkins. In addition to my grandfather, Michael
> Hopkins (b. 1853), she had a sister, Bridget (b. ?), who married a Peter
> Jennings in Ireland. At the moment I don't know if there were other
> siblings. When I had questioned my father about the siblings twenty years
> ago, he didn't think there were more.
>
> I believe I found Nora's son, John (b. 2/1900) in the SS Death index. He
> died May 1975 in Studio City CA.
>
> Can SKS tell me what Catholic Church would be in the 23rd Ward in 1900?
> Also, when were civil birth records required in Chicago?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nora Hopkins FitzGerald

> Ancestry.com Genealogical Databases
> http://www.ancestry.com/rd/rwlist2.asp
> Search over 2500 databases with one easy query!

This thread: