Subject: FAHEY from Co. Mayo
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:02:53 EDT

I'm new to the list and am looking for descendants of John and Honora (Nora)
Hopkins Fahey. They lived in Chicago in the 1900 census at 92 Ontario Street
in Ward 23. Their children were Mary b. March 1873, Michael b. December 1887
and John b. February 1900 and all born in Illinois. Nora's name was spelled
as Lora in the census.

Nora was my father's paternal aunt. She was born in Crimlin (townland also
spelled Crumlin) Castlebar, Co. Mayo Ireland in 1864. Her parents were
Farrell and Mary Kelly Hopkins. In addition to my grandfather, Michael
Hopkins (b. 1853), she had a sister, Bridget (b. ?), who married a Peter
Jennings in Ireland. At the moment I don't know if there were other
siblings. When I had questioned my father about the siblings twenty years
ago, he didn't think there were more.

I believe I found Nora's son, John (b. 2/1900) in the SS Death index. He
died May 1975 in Studio City CA.

Can SKS tell me what Catholic Church would be in the 23rd Ward in 1900?
Also, when were civil birth records required in Chicago?

Thanks.

Nora Hopkins FitzGerald

This thread: