From: "Mary George" <>
Subject: Irish from Mayo
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:22:18 +0100

Hello, my name is Mary George nee CLARKE, and I am researching the following names from Co. Mayo

from about 1805, CLARKE (CLEARY) COSTELLO, SHEVNANE, MCGREAL, with connections to MCGUINNESS, STAUNTON, DOWD, NOLAN, CASSERLEY, BOYLE, MURPHY, GRIFFIN, mostly from the townland of Ballinastangford, otherwise known as Birchfield, in the civil parish of Claremorris, the ecclesiastical parish of Kilcolman (St. Coleman) Claremorris. I know for sure that members of the SHEVNANE family went to CHICAGO plus many of the others went to US, some to New Jersey, some to New York, others I know not where.

Other research in Ireland includes HEAD from Dublin 1800's, then London and Hampshire in England.
JORDAN, Co. Monaghan, and CLANCY and McNALLY IRE, then Northumberland ENG. also 1800's.

This thread: