IRISH-AMERICAN-L Archives

Archiver > IRISH-AMERICAN > 2006-07 > 1152633765

Subject: Re: [IRISH-AMER] websites lost - help!!!
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:02:45 EDT

Lillian,

Unfortunately, the hard drive had to be reformatted due to a spyware program
which had attached itself to my drive while I had my Norton software removed
from my hard drive for a few days. The man who fixed my computer didn't
realize thatAOL's favorites were saved on my drive - and not online. I called
AOL - just in case they were still there. AOL said that the folder containing
my favorites no longer existed on my hard drive.

Fortunately, listers from several lists have been wonderful in providing me
with the websites they use - many of which were in my favorites. I am
building back my list rather quickly thanks to listers' kindness.

Thanks for your email and suggestion.

Maureen N

This thread: