INLAGRAN-L Archives

Archiver > INLAGRAN > 2011-01 > 1295479590

From: ,
Subject: [INLAGRAN] Gifford at Lagrange Collegiate Institute 1850
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:26:30 -0000

Author: sharongifford534
Surnames: Gifford, Patch
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.indiana.counties.lagrange/1501/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am searching for the parents of Edmond J. Gifford, who is listed as a student at the LCI in 1850, at the age of 20. The school records show is home listed as Greenfield, which I assume is Greenfield, IN. However, there is no Gifford family in Greenfield at that time. The 1850 census lists him as living in East Lima at the home of Rufus Patch, the superintendent of the school at that time. Since Edmond was born in NY in 1830, I have checked the Giffords in Greenfield, NY as well, but there is no connection. I know a great deal about Edmond's life and descendants, but nothing of his parents.

Important Note: