INJOHNSO-L Archives

Archiver > INJOHNSO > 2002-04 > 1018381711

From: "Anne Gregory" <>
Subject: [INJOHNSO] Mercer KY/Johnson IN WARDs
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:48:31 -0700

Hello, Imogene

Yes, I am descended from the GRITTON & LIPSEY marriage. William GRITTON m.
Jenney Jane LIPSEY 27Jan1804 Mercer Co. They had 10 children, 2 of whom
were Margaret and Millian Jane GRITTON. My William Ward first married
Margaret 30Aug1840 Mercer Co. and had 3 children, Merritt, Elevin and Mary.
Elevin was my great grandfather. Margaret died and William married her
sister, Millian Jane.
There were two other LIPSEY women married in Mercer Co, Susan m. John STUCK
19Feb1801, and Derusha m. John COMBS 04Sep1801. The marriage bonds for
Susan and Derusha were signed by William LIPSEY; the marriage bond for
Jenney Jane was signed by Alexander Vanarsdall. I suspect that Jenney Jane,
Susan, Derusha, William and John (h/o Angeletta COMBS)were siblings, but I
have no proof.

One interesting note that maybe someone can clear up. My William Ward was
in Johnson County in 1850, as was Angeletta Combs (Lipsey). In 1870, in
William's household, were Mary and Bell COMBS, ages 9 and 7, both born in
IN. Any idea who they belonged to?

Thanks, all!!!!!!!
Anne

This thread: