INJACKSO-L Archives

Archiver > INJACKSO > 2006-02 > 1139584237

From: "Will" <>
Subject: Re: [INJACKSO] Re: Waskom Cemetery/Jacob Young
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:10:37 -0800

Mildred;
I will have to send you some info on my James Johnson and family. We may have 2
diff. ones here.
Mine mar. about same time as you have here. I don't know what her middle name was
and if same one , that could have been her middle name.
Wife was Jerusha Brannon(an). She was named after her Grt grandmother Jerusha
Pitcock who mar. William Brannnon(an) the Grandfather of Thomas and Emanuel.
The family moved in abt. 1852/3 to Marengo, Iowa Co. Ia.
Thomas Jefferson illegitimate dau was Caroline's only child. She never married.
When Eliza mar, she moved in and lived with Eliza and Albert Mace, her spouse
until she d in abt 1915??( my memory here. I have several pictures and all gen.
on their 10 ch.
A man by name of Russell lived in Ind. who d. a few yrs ago, put a message out in
genealogical helper looking for my Grt Uncle , in 1988 ref. to finding the Thomas
Jefferson Brannan.
I saw it and contacted him not knowing abt the incident. Research put it all
in place. I sent him all my info on the Brannan side. Russell was looking for his
wife's family and Thomas was her grt grandfather. His brother was my Grt
Grandfather. Emanuel Brannan. Moses and Cassandra French Davis was their parents.
Thomas b 1830 in Jackson Co In. and Emanuel b in Dearborn Co in 1828. The
James Johnson family ended up with 8 girls and last was 1 boy by 1860? in Ia. I
think about 4 girls were b in Jackson Co. Ind. James got land in Ia. and it is
still in Johnson Family descendants hands and a big farm I think.
One of the Sturgeons was kinda a prominent figure I think there at the time.
I have to check your E mail I replied to.
Where do you fit in this family??? If you want I can send you copy of the
pictures and Gen. I have on the Prince and Eliza ( Albert) Mace family. They
moved to Mo. I believe.
The incident happened in abt Sept? of 1850 ands Eliza was b in June 1851. Took
the name Prince.
Caroline was the dau. of Jacob Prince and was staying with her sister who mar. the
Sturgeon
at the time close to the Johnson's as Moses and Thomas were living with them at
the time.
The 1850 census has them on it.
Maxine Wilton