ILSCOTT-L Archives

Archiver > ILSCOTT > 2002-02 > 1012584861

From: Mary Ann Kaylor <>
Subject: Re: [ILSCOTT] Re: Scott Censuses?
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:34:21 -0600

Bert,

You are right, it doesn't matter who does it, all that matters is that it
is made available for use by researchers. The key word on availability is
FREE....that is what we strive for. So many sites out there with
resources....but they want to charge. MAGA site is geared to free
resources always has been and always will, contrary to other sites who
offer publications for sale. The CD's you refer to no doubt fit into the
free category too but aren't available at a moment's notice, at least not
that I am aware of, but they are available, that's what counts.

Will post your reply to the List so that all can be made aware of the
availability of the CD's. Thanks for your response..

Mary Ann

>Mary Ann -
>
>Whoever does it, we are all most appreciative. As for the 1880 census,
>here's what I responded to that last post:
>
>{snip}
>The entire 1880 census, plus a nationwide index, is now on CD, thanks to
>the Mormons. Apparently it was completed last fall. They have a copy (It's
>over 40 CD's) at the National Archives in Denver, but I'd expect that they
>also have them at some of the local LDS family history centers. What a
>great resource! If you can't find it in your area, I can do a lookup for
>you, but it may take a few days.
>
>As for more info, Don't know the dates on your Thompsons, but we have
>found that wills/probates can sometimes have a wealth of info. (See the
>ETHEL stuff I posted on the site.)
>
>Good Luck!
>
>- Bert
>{snip}
>
>Keep up the great work!
>
>- Bert
>--
>'My ancient but ignoble blood,
> Has flowed through scoundrels since the Flood.'
> - Robert Burns on genealogy

This thread: