ILPIATT-L Archives

Archiver > ILPIATT > 2003-04 > 1050781806

From: "Pat Ash" <>
Subject: Re: [IlPiatt] CENSUS ON ANCESTRY.COM
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:50:06 -0700

Hi - - I use Ancestry.com a great deal - - and have made it work for me. It
has provided a number of contacts with other researchers as well as its
various data bases.

However, there is another resouce.

A number of Public Library systems have a data base titled
HeritageQuestOnLline.

It includes Search Census with indexing for 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1860,
1870, 1890, 1910, and now a start on 1920.

I also has a Books section with many, many books scanned including some of
those elusive county histories. just entered the words Piatt County into
the Place site and there came up 205 results!

The price - - if it is available through your library system - - only a
public library card.
Hope this is of help to some of you.

Sincerely,
Pat Ash
Seattle, Washington
Researching MARTIN and THOMPSON in Piatt, Illinois