ILMAGA-L Archives

Archiver > ILMAGA > 2009-03 > 1236981435

From: ,
Subject: [ILMAGA] Where would I find an 1820 Morgan Co. marriage record??
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:57:15 -0000

Author: pickinguptwigs
Surnames: Rutledge, Richardson, Smith
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.illinois.maga/673/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

According to two researchers that posted this information many years ago, James Mayes Rutledge married Sarah nee Richardson Smith (a widow)in Morgan Co. on September 2, 1820. I'd like very much to verify my g-g-g-g-grandparents' marriage.

This is a few years before Morgan Co. was created January 31, 1823 from parts of Greene and Sangamon Counties. The Morgan Co. Clerk's Office does not have marriages prior to 1827 according to an online source.

Where would I find a copy of this marriage record? Help greatly appreciated.

J. Johnson

Important Note: