ILMAGA-L Archives

Archiver > ILMAGA > 2005-05 > 1117360379

Subject: Re: Rev. R. Clark in 1868, ? church
Date: 29 May 2005 03:52:59 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/jUC.2ACE/98.2.1

Message Board Post:

Michele,
Thank you for the response to my query. After I saw your reply, I checked the 1870 census for Morgan county, Illinois and found an entry for a Robert Clark and his family in Franklin, Illinois, and his occupation is listed as "Minister Gospel". I then checked for current listings of churches in Franklin and I found four: Christian, Methodist, Baptist and Sacred Heart Parish Hall (I presume Catholic). I am guessing that Robert Clark was probably a preacher with the Methodist Church. I will do some research with the local genealogical society or contact the church directly to see if I am correct. I will let you know what I find out.

This thread: