ILHENRY-L Archives

Archiver > ILHENRY > 1998-11 > 0911319796

From: Esmeralda <>
Subject: Re: [ILHENRY-L] Research trip
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:23:16 -0600

Hi, Diane, your best bet at getting a hotel would definitely be in
Princeton. Cambridge doesn't even have a decent restaurant. It's going
through a "Main Street" project and is slowly fading away.
There are a couple of decent restaurants in the village of Bishop Hill, a
"utopian Swedish settlement" between Galva and Cambridge. It's a lot of fun
and very historical. There are museums and stores and a walking tour of all
the old buildings.

I live in Geneseo and our library has many copies of the Geneseo Republic
on micro film. THe Henry Co Gen Society is wonderful in Kewanee and would
be a great place to look.

Feel free to call me at your convience, I work at the newspaper in town
here and don't go in until 12:30pm and would be happy to help you any way I
could.

My home number is 309-944-2498
or at work after 12:30pm M-F 309-944-2498

I live at 622 S. Oakwood Ave., in Geneseo, and if you need ANYTHING AT ALL,
let me know.

Kathy Minder