ILHARDIN-L Archives

Archiver > ILHARDIN > 2000-10 > 0970485530

From: "Beth Lane" <>
Subject: [ILHARDIN] Fwd: Re: Patton
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 06:18:50 CDT

----Original Message Follows----
From: jlv <>
Subject: Re: Patton
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:34:01 -0700

Hi Bev,

I just signed up about an hour ago for this list. I was hoping it was a
busy one. I am a member of The Ft. Loudon Historical Society here in
Franklin Co., PA. We are the care takers of the land that Matthew Patton
and his family lived on in the 1700's. The patton home is still standing
on this land. We are in the process of redoing the house to make it into
a visitors center. It is a two story log home built in the late 1700's.
Matthew PAtton's first home was destroyed by the indians. Also we are
redoing the British fort that was built on the PAtton land in 1756.
I am gathering information on the Patton family to do up a history on
the house,

Judy