ILGREENE-L Archives

Archiver > ILGREENE > 2002-01 > 1011208089

From: "Juli Claussen & Tim Damian" <>
Subject: Re: [ILGREENE] Birth certificate
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:08:09 -0600

Linda,
I may be incorrect, but I believe that for 1879 you will not get a birth
certificate as we know them, but a copy of a page in a record book with a
simple birth entry. I have viewed the early birth records for Greene Co. on
microfilm via my local Family History Center, where I could make copies of a
page, by the way, much more cheaply than sending to the clerk for it. It
seems to me the early records list the birth date, the date recorded by the
physician, a name (often not filled in), place of birth, names of parents,
their ages, and what number child this was for these parents. The County
Clerk should have access to these records. Good luck!
Juli Claussen

---