ILFRANKL-L Archives

Archiver > ILFRANKL > 1999-12 > 0946485688

From: Jo Ann McGhee <>
Subject: Franklin Co, IL, Cemetery List
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:41:28 -0600

I am compiling for my own use, a list of FCI cemeteries, to help in my
research if we are in IL next summer. Would appreciate any corrections
on these, and any I have left out, or mis-located. I have about 135
cemeteries listed below. Thanks in advance for any help!
Jo Ann

ADAMS Cem #1, Benton Twp (only 3 gravestones left)
ADAMS Cem #2, Benton Twp (abandoned)
ANTIOCH Cem, near Macedonia, IL

BEATY BURIALS, Ewing Twp (on farm about a mile south of Whittington)
BUTLER Cem, Browning Twp
BENTON CITY Cem, (VETERAN'S MEMORIAL Cem) Benton Twp
BROWNING HILL Cem, Browning Twp, chartered 18 May 1923
BRUSH PRAIRIE Cem, Eastern Twp
BRADY Cem, Eastern Twp, east of Akin, IL
BROWNING Cem, Six Mile Twp
BONER Cem, West Frankfort, IL
BETHEL CREEK Cem (where?)
BAXTER Cem (where?)
BETTIS Cem, Ewing Twp, east of Lake Benton on Paul DREW farm

CYPHER Cem, Ewing Twp
CYPHER Cem, (unmarked, in Whittington, Ewing Twp) poss. 80 unmarked
graves
CARTER'S TEMPLE Cem, Eastern Twp, near Akin, IL
COUNTY LINE Cem, Cave Twp
COOK Cem, Eastern Twp, near Akin, IL
CRAWFORD Cem, Frankfort Twp, Thompsonville, IL
CEMETERY (name unknown) Ewing Twp (only a few markers)
CLEM Cem, Thompsonville, IL
COUNTY FARM Cem, West Frankfort, IL

DUNBAR Cem, Eastern Twp (those buried were reinterred to Kirk Cem,
Jefferson Co, IL)
DRUMMOND Cem, Benton Twp (Rend Lake Dam)
DAWSON Cem, Christopher, IL
DENNING Cem, West Frankfort, IL
DOWNS Cem, Thompsonville, IL

EWING/KING Cem, Ewing Twp, Ewing, IL
EAST FORK Cem, near Cave and Frankfort Twp. line - chartered 1 July
1904
ELMWOOD Cem (where?)
ELDER S.M. WILLIAMS CEMETERY ASSN., (WILLIAMS CHAPEL) Ewing Twp

FOLLIS Cem, Johnston City, IL
FORT JORDAN Cem, Cave Twp
FRANKLIN Cem, Thompsonville, IL
FRANKLIN-UNION Cem, Ewing Twp - chartered 14 Aug 1905
FRANKLIN Cem, Benton Twp (Rend Lake Dam?)

GRESHEM Cem, Ewing Twp (now no markers or sandstones)
GILGAL Cem, Northern Twp
GREENWOOD Cem, Tyrone Twp
GRAMMER Cem, Browning Twp

HANES Cem, West Frankfort, IL
HORSE PRAIRIE Cem (where?)
HAMMOND Cem, Sesser, IL
HUMPHREY Cem, Six Mile Twp
HARRISON Cem, Browning Twp, Christopher, IL, - chartered 10 Oct 1907
HICKORY CORNERS Cem, Browning Twp
HOPE (NEW HOPE) ( Cem, Located Jefferson Co, IL on Franklin Co, IL,
line, but many from FCI buried there)

ISAACS Cem, Cave Twp

JACKSON GROVE Cem, Eastern Twp, near Akin, IL - chartered 3 March 1926
JOPLIN Cem, Frankfort Twp, West Frankfort, IL
JONES Cem, Eastern Twp
JACKSONVILLE Cem, Northern Twp (fenced, no direct roads)

KNIGHT Cem, Browning Twp
KNOB PRAIRIE Cem, Eastern Twp

KERLEY Cem, Frankfort Twp
KIRKPATRICK Cem - chartered 15 Sep 1897 (where?)

LAUNIUS Cem, Eastern Twp
LIBERTY Cem, Cave Twp, near Thompsonville, IL
LIBERTY-RIDLEN Cem, Northern Twp (Liberty Baptist Church established
1841)
LOGAN Cem, Benton Twp
LITHUANIAN Cem, west of West Frankfort, IL

MT. ZION Cem, Cave Twp
MITCHELL Cem, near Sesser, IL
MT. PRAIRIE Cem (in FCI?)
MT. ETNA Cem, Eastern Twp (the old church was organized in 1822)
MARTIN Cem, Six Mile Twp
McFALL Cem, Frankfort Twp
MOORE Cem, Frankfort Twp
MADDOX Cem, Frankfort Twp
MT. PLEASANT Cem, Browning Twp - chartered 5 May 1913
MAPLE HILL Cem, Goode Twp, located on State Rd. 148 north of Sesser, IL
MASONIC & ODDFELLOWS Cem, Benton, IL
MACEDONIA Cem, Northern Twp, Macedonia, IL
MIDDLE FORK Cem, Northern Twp - chartered 29 March 1907
MILLER (SMITH FAMILY) Cem, Northern Twp
MULKEYTOWN Cem, Tyrone Twp - chartered 18 Apr 1872
MOSER Cem, Browning Twp (Rend Lake Dam)
MANION Cem, Eastern Twp (abandoned)
MILLER (MT. ZION) Cem, Ewing Twp
MANIS Cem , Ewing Twp (unmarked graves)
MINERS Cem, Christopher, IL
MINERS Cem, Christopher, IL
MOYERS Cem, Christopher, IL

NUMBER 8 Cem (where?)
NAYLOR Cem, Christopher, IL
NEAL Cem, West Frankfort, IL
NEAL Cem, Thompsonville, IL
NEW UNION Cem, Benton Twp

OVERTURF Cem, Ewing Twp
OTTERSON Cem, Eastern Twp (fenced - not used since early 1900's)
ODD FELLOWS Cem, Frankfort Twp (adjacent to Tower Heights Cem)
OSAGE Cem, Six Mile Twp
OAK HILL Cem, Northern Twp

PLEASANT HILL Cem, Cave Twp
PLEASANT VALLEY Cem (where?)
PETER PHILLIPS Cem, Ewing Twp
PHILLIPS-BRITTON Cem, Ewing Twp - chartered 25 Apr 1923
PLASTERS Cem, Cave Twp (same as PLASTERS GROVE Cem??)

RUFF Cem (where?)
REA Cem, Benton Twp
REED Cem, DuQuoin, IL
ROSE Cem, Christopher, IL
RIDGE Cem (where?)

SMOTHERS Cem, Benton Twp
ST. MARYS Cem, Christopher, IL
ST. JOSEPH Cem, Browning Twp
ST. ANDREWS Cem, Six Mile Twp
ST. ALOYSIUS Cem, Six Mile Twp
SHILOH Cem, Ewing Twp
ST. JOHNS CATHOLIC Cem, Frankfort Twp, south of West Frankfort
SMITH Cem, Eastern Twp (2 SMITH graves only, that are marked
SMITH FAMILY Cem, Northern Twp
SUMMERS Cem. #1, Eastern Twp (only 4 gravestones left)
SUMMERS Cem #2, Eastern Twp (only 2 markers)
SWOFFORD Cem, Benton Twp
SANDEFER Cem, Six Mile Twp
SILKWOOD Cem, Tyrone Twp

TANNER Cem, Eastern Twp (no records of who were buried there)
THURMOND "TICK RIDGE" Cem, Ewing Twp
TOWER HEIGHTS Cem, West Frankfort, IL

VAUGHN Cem, Christopher, IL

WIGGS Cem, Browning Twp - chartered 12 June 1916
WOLF CREEK Cem (where?)
WYATT Cem, Ewing Twp (those buried were reintered)
WINEMILLER Cem, Ewing Twp
WILLIAMS Cem, Ewing Twp
WILLIAMS Cem, Benton Twp (?)
WESTON Cem, Eastern Twp (only 2 known graves)
WALNUT GROVE Cem, Northern Twp
WARD Cem, Tyrone Twp, 4 miles ne of Mulkeytown, IL
WAYMAN Cem, (Rend Lake Dam)
WELLS Cem, Christopher, IL

YOUNGBLOOD Cem, Sesser, IL

ZEIGLER Cem, Six Mile Twp