ILFAYETT-L Archives

Archiver > ILFAYETT > 2000-03 > 0952917282

From: Cheryl Helm <>
Subject: Re: [ILFAYETT-L] Stuttwig Oliver Sumption Denning Manion
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:14:42 -0500

Hi. I just found the Denning connection a couple of weeks ago. A search of the
Illinois marriage database turned up the following information that may be your
three Denning sons and possibly a daughter; one of the sons (Job or Jobe)
appears to have married three times in a 9-year period of time:

Job Denning married Margaret Jans Lawson, 10 Oct 1880, Vol A, p. 60
Jobe Denning married Maria Ann Radcliff, 29 Sept 1885, Vol A, p 156
Job Denning married Jane Wickersham, 4 July 1889, Vol A, p. 226
Joseph Denning married Mary Ellen Fletcher, 5 Mar 1883, Vol A, p 114
Louis Denning married Hannah Townsend, 22 Jan 1888, Vol A, p 201
Tabitha Denning married James Metcalf, 25 Oct 1891, Vol A, p 272

Hopefully, my Henrietta Denning belongs to one of these three men.

I didn't find any Sweetland marriages in or near Fayette County but I did find
several Swetland marriages in Fayette and Montgomery Counties:

Fayette County
Alfred Swetland married Margaret Smith, 18 Sept 1853, Vol A, p 0047
Alva Swetland married Emma Hermann or Herrmann, 24 Dec 1897, Vol B, p 82
Henry C Swetland married Nancy Davis, 15 Apr 1869, Vol A, p 115
Henry W Swetland married Mary Haney, 2 Sept 1877, Vol b, p 0017
Delilah Swetland married Thomas Friend, 17 Sept 1887, Vol A, p 194
Harriet Swetland married Andrew Ritter, 28 Nov 1867, Vol A, p 107

Montgomery County
Charles Swetland married Louisa P Luther, 23 Nov 1865, Lic # 2988
Lillie Swetland married James A Bryan, 21 Mar 1882, Vol A, p 81, license #6994
Rosa Swetland married Pinckney Pore, 29 Jul 1886, Vol A, p 128, license #8033

Regards
Cheryl Helm, Ohio

--
"Spelling isn't everything. There are some days when spelling Tuesday, simply
doesn't count"

This thread: