ILFAYETT-L Archives

Archiver > ILFAYETT > 2000-03 > 0952235555

From: Cheryl Helm <>
Subject: Re: [ILFAYETT-L] Stuttwig Oliver Sumption Denning Manion
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 00:52:35 -0500

This family is one of my major brick walls. John Stuttwig married Phoebe
Oliver (born June 1892 in Fayette County, parents Martin H. Oliver and
Mary Ann Pope). According to my father, John worked for the railroad and
they lived in East Saint Louis for a number of years, but I understand
from a second cousin that John and Phoebe are buried in Fayette County
IL. I

Having tried every search engine I can think of, the only information I
have found on this family is:

Margarethe Stuttwig patented 40 acres of RR land in Fayette County 30 Mar
1882

Frieda Stuttwig (b. 17 Mar 1903, d 26 Jun 1998), daughter of Frank
Stuttwig and Henrietta Denning, married to Floyd William Sumption in
1922. Her obituary mentions a sister named Georgia.

Maureen Stuttwig married William E. Manion.

Does anyone know anything about this family or have any suggestions how I
might go about tracking down some information about them?

Cheryl Helm
Ohio

This thread: