ILCRAWFO-L Archives

Archiver > ILCRAWFO > 2005-12 > 1135891754

Subject: Re: James Cox, Crawford Co. IL
Date: 29 Dec 2005 14:29:14 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Ue.2ADI/1127.2.1.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

"Needham Cox was b. ca 1815 NC s/o Richard Cox & Mary Griffin m. Mary Cotten b. 1805 KY and d. 1859. Needham and wife Mary are both buried in Bradbury Cem., Hutsonville Twp., Crawford Co., IL. Bryant Cox b. 1804 was s/o Needham and Mary Cox."

Rita - how is this possible? Bryant was born nearly 10 years before Needham. I have that Bryant Cox b. 21 Oct 1804, Wayne Co., NC was the son of Thomas Cox and Thomas Cox and Whinney Harrol. His biography in the History of Crawford and Clark Counties (1883) states that he was one of 6 children, but does not state his siblings. He had 3 wives: Martha Bradbury, Candace Harrison, and Sarah Miller. [History of Crawford and Clark Counties (1883) is available at HeritageQuest - accessible through my library/library card]

I had guessed that Needham was a brother to Bryant, because they are next door to eachother in census records, but I wasn't sure, as I couldn't find info as to Needham's parents.

This thread: