ILCRAWFO-L Archives

Archiver > ILCRAWFO > 2005-12 > 1135470716

Subject: Re: James Cox, Crawford Co. IL
Date: 24 Dec 2005 17:31:56 -0700

Surnames: Cox, Hart, Quick, Beel, Beal, Shanks, Cooley, Alumbaugh, Stephens, Sims, Fredericks, Swift
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Ue.2ADI/1127.2.1.2

Message Board Post:

Like I said, I have Cox in my lines in a few different places.

Rosetta Lenora Cox (John Wesley Cox & Eliza Catharine (Jane) Stephens) is my husband's g-g-grandmother through her daughter, Maud May Fredericks, who married Henry Franklin Shanks (Joseph Shanks & Catharine Sims) of Johnson Twp., Clark Co., just north of Annapolis/Bellair area.

James Beal (Thomas Beal & Hannah Swift) married Mary Ann Cox (John Cox & Permelia Quick), and their daughter Hannah Jane, married Luther Edward Cooley, being my g-g-g grandfather.

Mary Ann Cox and John Wesley Cox are siblings.

Then, as I stated in another email, I have a James Cox who married Luther Cooley's sister Mary Ann.

In the Dugan Cemetery,

James Beel (with wife Mary) is a son of James Beal & Mary Ann Cox.

Rachel Hart (with husband William) is a daughter of James Beal & Mary Ann Cox

Mary Johnson (with husband Jared Johnson) is a sister to Joseph Shanks (Jacob Shanks & Mary Alumbaugh, of Sullivan, IN)

James Shanks (with wife Cora) is a son to Joseph and brother to my husband's great-grandfather Henry.

That's the ones I know are related to us...so far.

I'm still trying to figure out which Cox families are which, and Johnsons, Harts, etc.

This thread: