ILCRAWFO-L Archives

Archiver > ILCRAWFO > 2005-12 > 1135210204

Subject: Re: James Cox, Crawford Co. IL
Date: 21 Dec 2005 17:10:04 -0700

Surnames: Cooley, Cox, Havens
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Ue.2ADI/1127.2

Message Board Post:

I have a James Cox in my line, so I thought I would share. I'm still working on the Coxes in my lines, as they are intertwined in both my husband's and my side. So, my information may be incomplete, but I've tried to source everything I've got. They have been quite a task to undertake!

Mary Ann Cooley (William Henry Cooley x Sophia Susan Havens), b. 1822, Washington Co., Ohio - d. May 19, 1807, Clark Co., IL.
married James Cox (b. abt. 1819, Ohio) on 28 Apr 1849 in Crawford Co., IL.

Children:
Elizabeth Jane Cox, b. July 1850, Illinois
Jamima Cox, b. abt. 1861, Illinois

Notes: by dates, this COULD be the James Cox mentioned in the History, as Mary's father, William was also one of the first settlers of Licking Twp. about the same time. However, I found NO sons, and I cannot verify that this is the same family. There are SEVERAL Cox families in the area, and so far, I cannot link them all together. So, until I have proof otherwise, I am going to say this is a different family.