ILCLAY-L Archives

Archiver > ILCLAY > 2009-06 > 1246308495

From: Lois Branch <>
Subject: [ILCLAY] Lee, Wilson
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:48:15 -0700

Hi,
I am looking for information George Richard Lee (possibly Richard George
Lee) who married 16 Feb 1875, Clay
Co. IL. Sarah C. Wilson. They were parents of at least one son, Thomas Perry

Lee, born 9 Jan 1877, Flora, Clay Co. IL. Tom died 22 Dec 1940, Wamac,
Clinton
Co. IL.
The 1880 Census of Harter Twp. shows Sarah, age 19 and her son Tom living
with M. F. and Matilda McGowen. Matilda, born Dec 1854 is Sarah's sister.

Sarah C. and Matilda Wilson were daughters of Thomas and Elizabeth Wilson,
both born ca 1832 Indiana. Thomas Wilson is listed as a physician in the
1860 Xenia, Clay Co. Illinois Census.
These Lee and Wilson families are in some way related to the Denny, McGowan
and Burroughs families of Clay, Marion and Wayne Counties.

If anyone can help me with any of the above, I would appreciate it.
Thank you,
Lois Branch

This thread: