IL-CIVIL-WAR-L Archives

Archiver > IL-CIVIL-WAR > 2002-03 > 1017201295

Subject: [IL-CIVIL-WAR] Rock Island Prison
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:54:55 EST

My gr gr grandfather, Gideon Bullis, served with the 37th Iowa Inf. and was a
guard at Rock Island. He died there of meningitis or "brain fever." I think
his daughter, Elizabeth Bullis Barker and her children (her husband, James
Barker, was at war with the 4th Iowa Cav.) were there. I heard they lived in
Davenport for a while. Would there be any record that would pin point where
she was. Also are there photos of the guards??? Gideon Bullis is buried at
the National Cemetery. Coral Barker Allbee

This thread: