IL-CENTRAL-L Archives

Archiver > IL-CENTRAL > 2005-10 > 1130522568

From: "Cheryl Rothwell" <>
Subject: RE: [IL-CENTRAL] Illinois county Va
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:02:48 -0500

At one point Virginia claimed everything from the east coast west to
wherever they thought west was at the time, not to mention the north that
was west of the 13 colonies, like Pennsylvania, so I could understand that
-- although they hadn't been there and didn't know about the Indians I don't
think. But this said: "eastern Ohio was Illinois Co, Va about 1782" and to
the very best of my knowledge eastern Ohio has never been in Illinois. I'm
sure, somewhere, there is an iota of truth here but finding it... I would
love to know what it is though.

Cheryl