IGP-CC-L Archives

Archiver > IGP-CC > 2005-10 > 1130342534

From: "Don Kelly" <>
Subject: Re: [IGP-CC] New Members
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:02:14 -0700

Thank you John, and good morning all.

There are two fields of thought here as some websites have databases only
while on the other end of the spectrum, anything that happened in Limerick
goes.

I tend to the latter by including social matters, history, geography, etc.
Keeping in mind that half our ancestors were grandmas, I like to include
things (old recipes, etc.) to women. The Meath site has one such section.

Duplication is't necessarily bad as some borders changed, townlands, etc.
spanned two districts, even up to three county lines were crossed. Avoiding
duplication completely is hard but if you find something in another county
that also impacts your county you can just link to that resource.

I find it helpful to list links to onsite data on the main page, and put
offsite links on a separate index page.

There must be a dozen good ways to format menu pages, and I haven't
discovered the best way yet.<G>

Now everyone else please check in with good resources for County Limerick.

Don Kelly